Itasca Chamber of Commerce
Community Resources: The Village  |  Library  |  Park District  |  Elected Officials
Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3
Itasca was first settled by Dr. Elijah Smith in 1841. Dr. Smith practiced in Boston, and in May 1841, he set out to find a suitable site for doctoring, farming, and raising a family. He traveled from New York via Detroit and headed toward DuPage County. His parchment government land title dated March 10, 1843, was signed by John Tylor, President of the United States. The document gave Smith title to the land that is now bounded by the railroad tracks on the south, Maple Street on the west, Cherry Street on the east, and Division Street on the north.



Affiliate of the GOA HomeMembershipAbout UsCalendar of EventsPhotosContactJoin Now

© 2010-2012 Itasca Chamber of Commerce
650 East Devon Avenue, Suite 155 • Itasca, IL 60143
Phone: 630.773.2949